Apply for the Boiler Upgrade Scheme
Through the Government funded Boiler Upgrade Scheme and Trident, you could get a grant to cover part of the cost of replacing fossil fuel heating systems with a heat pump. Fossil fuel heating systems include oil, gas or electric. This scheme is open to people in England and Wales.
You’re eligible for a grant if all the following are true. You must:
- own the property you’re applying for (including if it’s a business, a second home, or a property you rent out to tenants)
- have installed (or plan to install) a new heating system after 1 April 2022
- be replacing fossil fuel heating systems (such as oil, gas or electric)
What you can get:
- £5,000 towards an air source heat pump
- £6,000 towards a ground source heat pump (including water source heat pumps and those on shared ground loops)
- £5,000 towards a biomass boiler
- You cannot get a grant for a hybrid heat pump system (for example a combination of gas boiler and air source heat pump).
The system you install must meet certain standards, such as minimum efficiency levels (Trident Plumbing, Heating and Electrical can advise you on these). The system’s maximum capacity must be less than 45kWth – anything over is not eligible. Call 01326 218734 or Email Trident now for more details.